Monday, December 30, 2013

D’Banj Disappointed Me; OJB Speaks In New Interview

OJB has granted his first interview since his kidney transplant. The
back-to-feet producer spoke to of Inspiration FM. OJB talked about his
disappointment with celebrity using his fund raising scheme as a
channel for financial muscle competition and D'banj's refusal to deny
a false N7m donation rumour.
"The most disappointing one for me is D'banj because he passed through
my hands, he was trained under my tutelage. That is offensive. I don't
care if you're with Kanye West, you can't forget your root. I won't
call anybody else's name but I will call his because it hurts. His own
hurts very deep. And he never tried to reach out to me. It's not like
we parted on fighting terms. He told me he had to go to London and he
went. And when he came back it was Don Jazzy, and I said OK, that's
fine. And what he did worked and I'm very proud of him, the love I had
for him, that's why it hurts more. He should have come out to say no,
I don't know why you people are saying all this, I didn't give OJB
N7million, maybe a part of him felt embarrassed because at the end of
the day, really, are you not supposed to do something?"
"When P-Square gave me N5million cheque, everybody started treating it
as a competition. They were like, they brought N5m, I want to show
that I can do more, or equal it. So they will come to my house, some
will drop N2m, N1m, you say thank you, they take pictures and go away.
Then you drop the cheque in your account and you see that almost
N4/5million is being returned back to you that it didn't clear. You
call them and tell them and they tell you they are coming but they
haven't picked the cheques till now.
"The shocking ones are not even the bounced cheques. It's the ones
that when they are coming to meet you in the house to give you money,
they come with a whole camera crew. Then they will say I'm donating
one million naira to you and the cameras start recording and maybe the
guy's tape stops, and he says let's take that again (Laughs).
"There were people in my dialysis that I gave N100k each to pay for
their dialysis, we didn't publicize it, we didn't take photos with
them, because I felt that was unnecessary."

No comments:

Post a Comment