Thursday, November 28, 2013

How I co-ordinated Lagos Black Sunday robbery – Godogodo

Sunday, September 9, 2012, will remain indelible in the minds of some
families in LagosState, who lost their loved ones to the brazen attack
of a gang of heavily armed robbers, who laid siege to strategic points
in the state, killing at least three policemen and several other
citizens, while scores sustained injuries.
Godogodo and his gang: From left: Leke, Yinusa, Adelawo and Godogodo
at the Police Command Headqauters, Ikeja, Lagos, Wednesday.
But the arrest of all the members of the gang that operated that day,
including the notorious South-West robbery czar, Abiodun Ogunjobi,
aka,Godogodo, would bring relief to relatives and friends of those
killed or injured during the encounter. Meanwhile, Godogodo, who was
arrested by operatives of the Special Anti-Robbery Squad, SARS, led by
SP Abba Kyari, on August 1, 2013, has revealed how he coordinated the
bloody operation.Bureaux de change robberyHe gave chilling details
of how he led members of the gang to cart away millions of dollars
from bureau de change operators in Agege and Gbagada areas of Lagos.
According to Godogodo, " On that fateful day, I called one of my boys,
Sayeed Omolopa, to meet me at AlfaBeach in Ajah, and some other boys
led by Kasali and Ejike. "They were about seven and my boys were five.
Yemi Boss, who came with Ejike, said we should go to Agege and rob
some bureau de change operators. The agreement was that everyone will
get what he lays his hands on. "We used two vehicles and over nine
AK-47 rifles. When we got to Agege, some bureau de change operators
that saw us ran to us thinking we wanted to change money and we opened
fire on them and ran into their shops to pack all the money we found.
"In fact, we robbed from shop to shop and we also shot sporadically to
scare people. We shot at people who tried to block the road and
prevent us from moving. I can't count the number of people killed in
that operation. "Wherever people tried to block the road, we opened
fire on them. The boys that went with me for that job were notorious,
they were difficult to control but they all feared me.We made a lot of
money from the operation"While we were trying to escape, we met a team
of policemen attached to the Rapid Response Squad, RRS, and we thought
they were after us. On approaching them, we opened fire on the van
and killed all the police in it and collected their rifles and escaped
through Lagos-Abekuta road. "Money was not shared after the operation
because everyone took whatever he was able to grab. When I got home I
realised that I made over N500,000, but some days later, I was
informed that one of my boys, Tosin, made over N6 million from the
operation. "Everybody made a lot of money from the operation. I didn't
border to read the newspapers the next day to know the extent of
damage but I knew many people lost their lives in that operation. You
know, as robbers, we do not go for operations to kill but we kill when
we don't have option."Why we killed policemenGodogodo also narrated
how he and members of his gang killed four policemen at Ajah, in
February 2013, snatching three AK-47 rifles from them. He said he
killed the policemen because he wanted to recover his nine rifles
seized by the SARS operatives from one of his boys, Tosin. Narrating
the incident, Godogodo said: "After SARS operatives collected nine of
my rifles, I was left with only two AK-47 rifles and a pump action
rifle. "On that fateful day, we went to rob residents of Awoyaya area
in Ajah. I was with Odun, Oluwole,Yinusa and Sayeed Omolopa. "We
robbed house-to-house and on our way home, we saw a police van and a
policeman behind the van was sleeping, Odun suggested that we attack
them and collect their rifles and I obliged. "We drove a Sports
Utility Van and approached them, opened fire on the patrol van and it
veered off the road. We went after it and killed all the policemen in
the van and collected their rifles. After that operation, we went to
AlfaBeach to cool off."The Abule Egba killingsGodogodo also narrated
how he killed a Police Inspector and a corporal at Abule Egba area of
Lagos. According to him, "Ife and Oleh brought the job, they told me
that we should go and rob a man who had just returned from London with
huge sums of money and some drugs. "We went to his house and
discovered that he was not at home and we left in annoyance and went
on to rob some people from house-to-house. "On our way out, we spotted
some policemen at Oko-Oba police station, they didn't know that we
were robbers. We killed them before collecting their rifles. "Some
few months later, we snatched a white Range Rover Sport in Ikeja and
two of the occupants escaped with their phones. "We suspected that
they were going to call the police. On arriving Agidingbi Road, we
spotted two RRS men on a motorbike and we thought they were coming
after us. We slowed down, by the time they got very close to us, I
opened the window and fired rapid shots at them, they fell into the
gutter with their motorbike and I sent my boys to get their rifles
before we drove off. "When we got to Coca-Cola junction, there was
serious traffic and we decided to make a turn. When we got to the spot
where the policemen fell, we saw some people who were trying to help
them and my boys opened fire on them again. "We managed to make our
way to Medical Road, close to ComputerVillage, but by then, the
policemen there had received message of our operations and the moment
they sighted us, they opened fire and damaged our tyres. "We managed
the tyres up to Capitol Road. There was traffic and I came out of my
vehicle to clear the traffic and there was this Toyota Camry
following us. I didn't know that there was an armed mobile policeman
in it. When I returned I discovered that Kasali was struggling with
the mobile policeman who was carrying a rifle. "I fired some shots at
the policeman. He attempted to run away, I chased him and killed him
on the spot before picking his rifle. We snatched another vehicle and
abandoned the Range Rover Sport before we escaped."

No comments:

Post a Comment