Nicola Peate, 25, suffered a dislocated jaw while attempting to eat a
triple-patty burger at a Liverpool, U.K., restaurant. According to the
Guardian, she tried to laugh it off at first, but sought medical
attention after the pain persisted.
"I tried to eat it with a knife and fork and couldn't. I couldn't open
mymouth fully," Peate said in a U.K. Press Association release. "It
felt like I had cramp in my tongue, then I started to get an ear ache
and a headache. The next morning I woke up and felt really, really
ill. Thewhole side of my head was hurting."
The culprit was a so-called "Kids in America" burger from the
restaurant Almost Famous in Liverpool. The burger, apparently, was
just too big for her mouth.
Peate has Ehlers-Danlos syndrome, a medical condition whereby her
joints are hyper-flexible, unstable, and prone to dislocation,
accordingto a Press Association release. She had her jaw put back into
place by medics at Royal Liverpool university hospital.