Friday, April 25, 2014

Police recover 2-yr-old boy’s severed head in Ibadan

ABEOKUTA — SECURITY agents in Ogun State are living up to
their billing as they have arrested at least eight people whose
crimes border on murder, kidnap and human rituals.
The state police command yesterday said it had recovered
the head of a two year-old boy which was severed by a
suspected ritualist at Ofada in Obafemi-Owode Local
Government Area of the state.
Also, the Police said they had arrested four suspects in
connection with the killing of a suspected person of unsound
mind known as Kazeem Akindele, at Kugba area, Abeokuta
for allegedly attempting to kidnap a 19-year-old lady.
The Police Public Relations Officer in the state, Muyiwa
Adejobi, in a statement said the severed head of the boy was
recovered in Ibadan.
The boy, whose mother was raped by the suspected ritualist
identified as Mamodu Bashir Ibrahim, was beheaded last
Thursday when his mother, who had him strapped on her
back, went to ease herself in a bush.
Adejobi had said detectives attached to the Department of
Criminal Investigation, Eleweran, Abeokuta arrested the
suspect who fled the scene immediately he perpetrated the
Boy's head recovered in Ibadan
He said: "The suspect took the investigation team to Mokola
area of Ibadan, Oyo State where the head was recovered in a
bag in the bush, Tuesday.
"The Commissioner of Police, Ogun State, Mr Ikemefuna
Okoye, has, however, directed the detectives to intensify efforts
to uncover the buyers and those who engage in such dirty
deals in our society."
4 suspected killers of kidnapper arrested
Speaking on the killing of the suspected kidnapper, Adejobi
said: "The deceased was attacked by the suspects and other
angry youths in the area who are at large currently. The
Commissioner of Police had ordered the arrest of the fleeing
suspects who embarked on that jungle justice that led to the
death of the mad man.
"The suspects arrested include Fausat Ogunbiyi, Mariam
Yahaya, Blessing Joseph and Nurudeen Adebayo. These
suspects will be charged to court as soon as the command
concludes its investigation."
…another nabbed for kidnapping 9-month-old boy
Also, men of the National Security & Civil Defence Corps,
NSCDC, in Ogun State, yesterday, said it had arrested a 32-
year-old man, Olusegun Kehinde, for allegedly kidnapping a
nine-month-old boy.
The Public Relations Officer of the NSCDC in the state,
Olanrewaju Kareem, in a statement said the incident
happened, Wednesday, at 1, Elegbede House, Ore-meji Street,
Ijeun-Titun area of Abeokuta.
Kareem further said the suspect during interrogation claimed
to be a farmer who was just passing by.
He said: "Men of the corps on patrol of PHCN facilities within
Abeokuta arrested the suspect as a result of alarm raised by
the child's mother, Mrs Olanike Ogundeyi, when she saw her
nine month-old baby, Malik Ogundeyi, with the suspect.
"According to Mrs Olanike Ogundeyi, the child was kidnapped
when he strayed away while the mother was busy washing.
She explained further that she left the baby in the passage
while she left to pour used water at the backyard.
"The suspect claimed he lives at Okanlawon's compound,
Oke-Ijeun, Abeokuta South Local Government Area of Ogun
State during interrogation."
Two ritualists caught with human parts
Meantime, two persons suspected to be ritualists were,
Wednesday, caught with a human skull and other body parts
at Idiroko in Ipokia Local Government Area of Ogun State.
Nemesis caught up with the suspects, who narrowly escaped
death as the irate mob attempted to lynch them before the
intervention of policemen.
An eye witness told Vanguard that the suspects were caught
in a place near Iko Gateway Grammar School and were
subsequently mobbed by the people of the area.
According to the source, one of the suspects was caught with
a bag that contained human parts. He later led the people to
their den where some scary things were uncovered.
"Some of the things we saw were coffin, decomposed human
skull, pictures and human hair, among others.
"The people wanted to roast them but they were rescued by
the policemen who arrested and took them to their police
station at Idi-Iroko."

No comments:

Post a Comment