Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Magistrate orders NAN, Vanguard reporters out of court

A Lagos Magistrate, Mrs O.O. Martins of an Igbosere Magistrates'
Court, on Wednesday ordered two reporters out of the court.
The reporters are Mr Henry Oladele of the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN)
and Miss Onozure Dania of the Vanguard Newspapers.
The magistrate, who is in charge of Court 11, Igbosere, ordered the
reporters out while monitoring the court's proceedings.
The incident occurred when the prosecutor, Sgt. Godwin Oria, alerted
the magistrate that some journalists were in her court.
"Immediately I entered the court, I noticed the prosecutor whispering
to the magistrate and suddenly the magistrate asked if there was any
journalist in the court.
"I stood up and she ordered me and my colleague to get out, which I
did without any objection,'' Oladele said.
Efforts to find out reasons for the magistrate's action from the
prosecutor proved futile as he was not ready to talk. (NAN)

No comments:

Post a Comment