Thursday, October 31, 2013

Teacher Beaten To A Pulp By Naval Officers In Ogun

One of the teachers at the Nigerian Navy Secondary School, Abeokuta,
the Ogun State capital, Mr. Rashid Ibrahim, was Wednesday beaten to a
state of coma by six naval officers, following an argument.
Ibrahim, a teacher of Food and Nutrition at the school, was said to
have been rescued by another officer after which he was later rushed
to the school clinic.
Declining to speak on the incident, the school Commandant, Commodore
M. A. Olatunji, said he would have to get clearance from the naval
authorities before he could make any comment.
As he lay on his hospital bed, the victim narrated his ordeal to
newsmen, saying, he was beaten for no just cause, adding that the
officers accused him of abusing one of them.
"When I got to the gate of my office this morning, normally when you
get there, a rating officer will check your car. So, I was expecting
them to come out, they didn't come out.
"There were two buses at the gate blocking the entrance. I called one
of the officers, Aliyu, to ask for what was going on, but in the
process, he just flared up.
"Suddenly, another rating officer, Oyerinde, who was at the security
post, threw a stone on my car. They were later joined by the most
senior officer, Mr. Shodiya, ordered that the men should beat me and
they all pounced on me.
"They used their iron belts to beat me and dragged me on the floor.
They used sticks and every other available thing to beat me. People
tried to stop them, but they refused until the commandant came out to
stop them."
"Almost all the parts of my body are in pains; the major ones are my
head and my back. My ribs are affected and I have bruises in my mouth
because they gave me blows on my mouth," Ibrahim said.

No comments:

Post a Comment