Wednesday, August 28, 2013

I’ll Shame My Critics, Says Ideye

Super Eagles midfielder, Brown Ideye, has said that he will shamehis
critics who have vilified him for some below-par showings for Nigeria.
The Dynamo Kiev striker came under the hammer after he struggled in
front of goal at the recent FIFA Confederations Cup in Brazil.
"My passion to play and do well for my country is as strong as ever
before, I don't want to be bothered about the critics. I am a
professional and I know the best way to answer the critics is to
concentrate and do well. I will definitely do that at the best time,"
Ideye told M TNFootball.com Tuesday.
Ideye has been invited for a crucial 2014 World Cup qualifier against
Malawi on September 7 in Calabar and he is confident of a good outing.
"I am ready as ever to contribute my quota to see that we win the
match. I am a team player, the success of the team comes first, but at
times I get blamed for missing chances but I will get better.
"I am not ready to defend myself on the pages of newspaper, but the
coaches know my contribution to the team and I will keep giving my
best till things get better. I am always there to make Nigeria proud,"
Ideye promised.
Meanwhile, the £55,000-a-week pay of Super Eagles winger at Chelsea,
Victor Moses, is stalling a loan move to Liverpool, according to media
reports.
Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers reportedly wants to offer Chelsea
winger Victor Moses first-team football on Merseyside in a season-long
loan move.
Moses has struggled to make an impression on Chelsea boss Jose
Mourinho during the summer, with a whole host of wide
midfieldersincluding Andre Schurrle, Kevin de Bruyne and Eden Hazard
restricting his chances of earning a starting spot.
The arrival of Brazilian playmaker Willian at Stamford Bridge has
pushed Moses further down the pecking order, with the 22-year-old
reportedly told he can leave the club on loan before the transfer
window closes.
Rodgers hopes to take advantage of that unrest to secure the Nigeria
international's services in a loan deal, but his £55,000-a-week wage
is currently proving a stumbling block, according to the Daily Mail.
His former boss at Wigan Roberto Martinez is also interested in taking
Moses to Everton on a season-long loan.

No comments:

Post a Comment