Thursday, August 29, 2013

9-month-old baby burnt to death in Sapele

A nine-month-old baby locked up in a house by her parents has been
reported burnt to death.
The girl's mother was said to have gone to the market to earn a living
by plaiting peoples' hairs at Sapele yam garage while the father was
also at work.
The incident occurred at about 7.00pm, Wednesday. The whole building
was brought to ruins as neighbours could not put out the fire while
men of Sapele Fire Fighting Service arrived late.
It was reported that the grand-father of the infant who was alerted of
the incident was later involved in salvaging other parts of the
building without knowing that his grand child had been consumed by the
WhenVanguardvisited the scene, neighbours and sympathizers where seen
wailing over the loss of the babyjust as household items littered the
At press time, the cause of the fire was yet to be ascertained, but
source at the Sapele Fire Fighting department, who preferred
anonymity, confirmed that itwas due to electrical spark from power

No comments:

Post a Comment